My Place

T'was in the windy city where I was born, but there I never found a home.
My heart had known before my past, in concrete walls I would not last.
Could it be these feet of mine, would find the sand the place they'd pine?
Alas the beach was not the place, for that my forlorn heart would race.
Canopy of trees, shines filtered sun, a breathe of honeysuckle where I run,
T'was a hoosier I'm meant to be, with clay soil beneath my feet.
Just one acre, my little woods. But this place does suit me good.
And here I'll be a hoosier best, and live my life til time to rest.

Rebecca



Saturday, February 9, 2013

Warm feet!

I love love love my felted slippers. If you want to make the same pattern you can find it on ravelry here fuzzy feet
I did spin the fiber to make the yarn, to felt the slippers, to keep the feet warm... in my little acre of the woods. :) My darling english angora rabbits contributed to these wonderful slippers that are very very very soft. No harm to the rabbits.
One note about the slippers in making them...it took a long time for them to dry. I think because of the angora, and how thick they are. But very much worth the wait. Just luck would have it, and it has been rainy here and hard to get them to dry. I also was silly enough to use my expensive wooden sock blockers...all to have them warp from the moisture and drying out. The picture didn't turn out so well. It looks like they are really large at the toe, but because I was trying to get them to stand up for the picture, I stuffed some socks in them...so they are stuffed a bit to much! lol Oh well....
But here they are:

2 comments:

Michelle said...

They look very toasty! I'd have to put my Keen insoles in them, but that would probably work. I wonder if the boot dryer we have in the garage would work well to dry these faster?

Angora Amora said...

Michelle I actually ended up putting mine in the dryer for a portion of the time. It took a couple days to get them to dry. I thought about using something like that as well. But next time I will also make sure it's not going to be rainy weather. I plan to make many more.