My Place

T'was in the windy city where I was born, but there I never found a home.
My heart had known before my past, in concrete walls I would not last.
Could it be these feet of mine, would find the sand the place they'd pine?
Alas the beach was not the place, for that my forlorn heart would race.
Canopy of trees, shines filtered sun, a breathe of honeysuckle where I run,
T'was a hoosier I'm meant to be, with clay soil beneath my feet.
Just one acre, my little woods. But this place does suit me good.
And here I'll be a hoosier best, and live my life til time to rest.

Rebecca



Monday, February 18, 2013

Do you ever wonder what they would wish for?



Fibery Friends

Fibery friend,
what would though ask of me
If the Lord of all
 would grant to thee,
A moment of time
 for thee to tell,
 what  thou  would wish,
 oh wish it well…
Is thy bed cozy,
 a shelter for thee?
The timothy hay,
a choice you’d keep?
The heated bottle,
too hot?  Do tell?
Oh speak thy wish
 and wish it well.
I feel thy nose,
  Press  up my hand.
Lean gently in,
 I understand…
How sweet of thee,
 to ask thy wish
A gentle nuzzle,
 a little sniff.
I see thy wish
  the same as mine,
A comforting friend
 in a moment of time,
And what a gift,
Our Lord is giving
You spoke it well,
What a life we're living
My  fibery  friend

Rebecca Gould

No comments: