My Place

T'was in a city where I was born, but there I never found a home.
My heart had known before my past, that in a city I would not last.
Could it be these feet of mine, would find the sand the place they'd pine?
Alas the beach was not the place, for that my forlorn heart would race.
Canopy of trees, shines filtered sun, a breathe of honeysuckle where I run,
T'was a hoosier I'm meant to be, with clay soil beneath my feet.
Just one acre, my little woods. But this place does suit me good.
And here I'll be a hoosier best, and live my life til time to rest.

Rebecca



Monday, January 28, 2013

Big Eyes ah Becky


My Aunt Pauline had a nick name she gave me.... Big eyes ah Becky. That was because every time we sat down for dinner, I always looked in awe at all the yummys and would put heaping amounts on my plate. She told me my eyes were always bigger than my stomach. lol  What fond memories of my childhood days, when I lived with my Aunt. She was so precious. She must still chuckle over the banister of heaven peaking down at me. I'm still Big eyes Ahhh Becky. But with lots more than food. With everything I see and everything I want to do.
When it comes to crafts....I always take more to do than what my hands can possibly manage. When it comes to devotion to God...I try to do way more for Him than I can accomplish, blessidly He knows this, and often tells me, My yoke is easy... And of course in my 30 days of commitments for 30 days. You knew that though, didn't you?! It is a dilemma I am surely guilty of...always trying to do and be more than I can possibly manage. But.... I am not so sure that is such a bad thing. Because I often do make changes that are for the better, though not nearly as perfect as I hoped. Being totally upfront and honest, I did not accomplish even one of my 30 commitments for 30 days. But....I did do better than I was doing, on most of all of them.
My biggest disappointment, is my church attendance has been nilche. Partly because of dealing with medical issues, and the meds I was on it states to stay away from anyone sick, because your highly susceptible. So...I do forgive myself for that. Just Satan sure can have a hayday with me, cuz truth be told I enjoy being home best. Is that awful to admit, I really would rather be home then attend church? I attend church because it is the right thing to do, because I know it is good for my soul and it pleases the Lord. But I am most comfortable at home. I enjoy talking to the Lord just me and him, I enjoy singing at home, I enjoy my own company and my families. I don't enjoy large crowds, I don't enjoy getting dressed up. Welll enough of that.
Back to my 30 days. I will post a pic of my hula hooping...so you can see the end of 30 days of that. But, I did not practice every day, and I did not do sooooo many minutes of it. I just picked up my hoop as often as I had a moment, and gave it a whirl. Sooooo that is coming up as soon as I can get hubby to record it for me!
Sooooo do you have Big Eyes?

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Much of what you wrote resonates with me, Becky. Yes, even the "big eyes" part, but at the half-century mark, I've learned some of my limits and try to enjoy what I've already gotten myself into and not take on much in the way of new.

Angora Amora said...

Thank you for your comments Michelle, it is something I work on...but so far have not overcome. I'll keep a trying.