My Place

T'was in a city where I was born, but there I never found a home.
My heart had known before my past, that in a city I would not last.
Could it be these feet of mine, would find the sand the place they'd pine?
Alas the beach was not the place, for that my forlorn heart would race.
Canopy of trees, shines filtered sun, a breathe of honeysuckle where I run,
T'was a hoosier I'm meant to be, with clay soil beneath my feet.
Just one acre, my little woods. But this place does suit me good.
And here I'll be a hoosier best, and live my life til time to rest.

Rebecca



Friday, October 26, 2012

Laundry Monster and other fables

How does a mother do it all, especially a homeschool mom? That was what I needed to know. I was being eatin alive by the laundry monster, Homeschooling was going wonderful, but everything else was going to pot! Trying to get dinner done, was a matter of what can I microwave or honey can you pick up chinese tonight.
I knew I could not keep going like this anymore. I felt like I was working my self into a dither, and yet behind behind behind.
I finally swallowed my pride and asked some online friends...what works for you, how do you do it.

I was so thankful for the bits of wisdom others shared. Some gave tid bits into their own life, some gave prayers, and some sent links to resources they used that were helpful.

Here are 2 links if your having the same trouble, that you may want to check out.

The first is choreganizer. It is great for prereading children. Besides it's colorful and that's always more pleasant than boring black printed words. It comes in a workbook type book, with pull out cards that have pictures of chores on it, and pull out holders for the cards. They recommend a reward system, and have a pull out picture to put on your "store" box. It has been helpful and my boys look forward to finishing their chores, and placing the cards in the little pocket when completed. choreganizer

The second resource is taking me a bit more time to get going with. But it will be so worth it once it is in place. The resources come from  Titus 2. com   Managers of their homes, homeschool, chores

I have enjoyed reading their biblical views on organizing the home. One thing that really struck a chord with me, and touched my heart in a way only God can is the scripture Titus 2:15   The last portion of that scripture says, Let no man despise thee.  I felt my home conditions had come to a point, that it truly was offensive and so unchristlike. As a Christian woman, I want to be a representative for Christ...a picture of what Christs love and devotion is. My home was not that kind of statement at all. I want to live my life clean before God...no pun intended.
If you struggle in this area, there is hope and help. Your not alone and you can do and be what God wants you to do and be. This may just be the tools you need to help you on your journey. Your home will not magicly clean itself, but you will become a better manager of your home, school and chores. :) 

No comments: